How to Handle Your Citation
FORMS have been revised to accommodate processing during this time.
Follow the instructions indicated on the applicable form.
- The law requires you to make an appearance.
- Your first appearance is to determine your plea.
- You must make an appearance within 20 business days from the date of citation.
- You or your attorney may appear in person or by mail on or before your appearance date.
- You have the right to retain an attorney; it is not required. You may represent yourself.
A phone call does not constitute an appearance.
Inability to pay fine/costs is not an excuse for failure to respond. Payment options may be available.
PLEA REQUIRED IN OPEN COURT
(A court date will be mailed to the address listed on the citation. Initial appearance date on the citation does not apply.)
- JUVENILES (All Offenses)
- MINORS (Alcohol and Tobacco Offenses)
- ASSAULT - FAMILY VIOLENCE
Certain offenses may be subject to a dismissal if remedied on or before the initial appearance date.
- Refer to Dismissals.
DETERMINE YOUR PLEA
- Plea options
For additional information, refer to PLEA INFORMATION.
- Nolo Contendere (No Contest)
- Not Guilty
OPTION # 1 - Final Judgment
- Upon a plea of No Contest/Guilty, waiver of jury trial, pay the fine/costs in person, by mail, or online.
Be advised that payment will result in a conviction and forfeits any right to request a Driving Safety Course or Deferred Disposition for possible dismissal of your citation. A conviction of an offense under a traffic law of this State or political subdivision of this State may be reported to DPS.
- Online: PAYMENT IN FULL - Pay online at trafficpayment.com. (Plea Form not required. Payment must be made by the defendant.)
- Mail Payment: (1) Plea Form; (2) Check or money order payable to Celina Municipal Court.
- In Person: Necessary paperwork will be processed at the clerk window. Forms of payment: Cash, Check, Money Order, or Credit Card. (A convenience fee applies to debit or credit card transactions.)
OPTION # 2 - Driving Safety Course
- Upon a plea of No Contest/Guilty, waiver of jury trial, if eligible, request Driving Safety Course.
OPTION # 3 - Deferred Disposition
- Upon a plea of No Contest/Guilty, waiver of jury trial, if eligible, request Deferred Disposition.
OPTION # 4 - Set for Trial
Upon a plea of Not Guilty:
- IN PERSON: Present your Driver License or Identification Card to the clerk and sign for your court date set by the court; or
- BY MAIL: Make a copy of Driver License or Identification Card and mail to the court along with the completed REPLY FORM located at the bottom of your citation or PLEA FORM. A court date will be mailed to the address on the citation.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Celina Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the City of Celina makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.