|On or before the initial appearance date, the following offenses may be dismissed by providing proof and paying a dismissal fee by mail or in person. Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (Insurance) proof may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Expired Registration - $20.00 Dismissal Fee
- Present proof of renewed registration with evidence of the penalty fee paid within 20 working days from the date of the offense.
Expired Driver's License - $20.00 Dismissal Fee
- Present evidence of renewed driver’s license within 20 working days from the date of the offense.
License Plates - $10.00 Dismissal Fee(For the offense of not having both a front and/or rear license plate attached)
- Present the vehicle to an officer, having the officer verify and sign off that the plate(s) is/are attached correctly to the vehicle or trailer.
Obscured License Plates - $10.00 Dismissal Fee
- Present the vehicle to an officer, having the officer verify and sign off that defect remedied.
Change of Name or Address - $20.00 Dismissal Fee
- Present evidence that name or address has been updated before the appearance date listed on the citation.
License Endorsements - $10.00 Dismissal Fee
- Present evidence that the driver’s license endorsement was imposed because of a physical condition that was surgically or otherwise medically corrected before the date of offense, or was in error; The Department of Public Safety (DPS) removes the restriction or endorsement before the appearance date listed on the citation.
Equipment Violations - $10.00 Dismissal Fee
- If the offense does not involve a commercial motor vehicle, present the vehicle to an officer, have the officer verify and sign off that defect remedied before the appearance date listed on the citation.
Expired Handicap Parking Placard - $10.00 Dismissal Fee
- Renew the placard on or before the appearance date listed on the citation, proof provided.
Fail to Display Driver’s License - $10.00 Dismissal Fee
- Upon presentation of a Driver License that was issued to the defendant, appropriate for that type of vehicle operated, and valid at the time of the offense.
Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (Insurance)
- Present proof of financial responsibility (Insurance), such as a valid insurance card or insurance policy. Must be verified by Court Clerk. Upon verification, no fee. Note: Insurance policies must cover those who use the vehicle with express or implied permission of the named insured; therefore, even if an individual has a No Valid Driver License offense, that individual may be covered if he/she was using the insured vehicle with the express or implied permission of the named insured.
Please note this may not contain a complete list and subject to change without notice.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Celina Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the City of Celina makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.