Current internships available:
Main Street/Marketing Intern
Community Relations Manager/
Downtown Development Manager
This position assists with the development and distribution of special event promotion and marketing materials as well as documentation and correspondence for advisory board, newsletters, and committee meetings. Time is split 50/50 between the Communication and Main Street Departments where the intern will assist in the development and coordination of projects, events, and grants.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Preference given to educational backgrounds in Marketing, Communications, and Hospitality.
- Proficiency with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City personnel, outside agencies, local businesses, vendors and the general public.
- The majority of work is performed in an office environment. Some light work requiring occasional lifting objects up to 20 pounds to move object.
May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- May be required to walk frequently.
- Frequent time pressures, and multi-tasking.
- Work may require stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Unpaid internship
- Business hours during the week with occasional special event work on nights and weekends.
- Although schedule and number of hours worked are negotiable for the right candidate, staff anticipates the position working 10-20 hours per week.