Special Event Permitting
Special Event Permit
Please complete this Special event application atleast 60 days before your event. Please provide a site plan for review.
Return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or at City Hall 142 N. Ohio St. Celina, TX 75009
Special event. A temporary event or gathering of persons for a common purpose, including but not limited to, a parade, rally, public entertainment venue, carnival, festival, or other similar event using either private or public property that involves one (1) or more of the following activities, except when the activity is for construction or house-moving purposes only:
(1) Closing of a public street or interference with the normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic;
(2) Blocking or restriction of public property, including public rights-of-way;
(3) Offer or sale of merchandise, food, or beverages on public or private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
(4) Sale of alcoholic beverages on public or private property where otherwise prohibited;
(5) Erection of a tent or canopy on public or private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
(6) Placement of portable toilets on public or private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
(7) Installation of a stage, band shell, trailer, van, portable building, grandstand, or bleachers on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; or
(8) The need for special city services, including but not limited to, street closure, provision of barricades, provision of police or emergency services, or provision of special electrical services.
Temporary food establishment
Temporary food establishments are defined as a food establishment that operates for a period of no more than 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration. Temporary food establishments must obtain a permit from Health and Food Safety, applying no later than 10 business days before the event or celebration. The permit fee is $50 for each event or celebration. Temporary food establishments must meet specific criteria, including:
- Approved only in conjunction with an event or celebration
- Limited food items to be sold
- Limited time length of food sales
Please review the following for more information on obtaining a temporary food establishment permit:
Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application (PDF) - Required for all temporary food establishments
Park Pavilion or Senior Center Rental
Reservations for park pavilions can be made two weeks prior to the event and up to 6 months in advance. When not specifically reserved by patrons, park pavilions may be used on a first-come, first-served basis. If your event requires the use of a pavilion, please reserve the pavilion in advance of submitting your Special Event Application form.
Complete the reservation form online. Reservations can be made emailing email@example.com