** Please be advised that MyGov transitioned to Version 5 during the summer. Although we look forward to the improved functionality that the new software version will provide, we anticipate some disruptions in service. We apologize for any inconveniences that this transition might pose; however, we remain committed to outstanding customer service, and thank you for your understanding during this time. **
Two of the many basic services the City provides are to insure that the buildings in which we live and work are safe and sanitary, and that our neighborhoods are orderly, clean, and free of public nuisances. For those purposes the City has adopted various laws and policies that provide minimum standards to safeguard life, limb, and health in buildings; to extend the longevity and serviceability of buildings; to promote appropriate and compatible land uses in our neighborhoods; and to promote orderly and desirable development over time.
Building Permits Information:
- Building Permits & Inspection Office Address: 112 N Colorado Dr, Celina TX 75009.
- Office Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 5:30pm.
- Inspector Hours: Monday - Thursday 6:30am - 4:30pm, inspection cutoff hours 3:30pm daily.
- All building and permit related questions should be directed to our Permits Department @ 972-382-2111.
- As of Feb. 1 2018 all submittals are required to be paperless.
- City of Celina adopted Codes Effective November 1st 2022:
- 2021 - International Codes: IBC, IFC, IRC, IECC, IEBC, IPC, IFGC, IMC, ISPSC, IMPC
- 2023 NEC
- With Local Amendments
- Link to Building Codes Ordinance - Ordinance No- 2022-103
- Link to National Electric Code Ordinance - Ordinance No - 2023-111
- Link to Irrigation Ordinance - Ordinance No - 2020-18
- Amendment to Irrigation Ordinance - Ordinance No - 2021-39