How do I report a street light that is not working or burned out?

Steps for reporting a street light outage will vary depending on where you live and who your provides your electric service. The 3 main providers and numbers are as follows:

•CoServ: 1-800-274-4014

•GCEC: 1-800-967-5235

•Oncor: 1-888-313-4747

Why do City workers open fire hydrant and let the water gush out? Aren’t they wasting water?

From time to time, the water department will flush water mains in your neighborhood to help maintain water quality. Over time, rust and grit can build up inside the city water lines and flushing the lines helps to keep the pipes and hydrants free from clogging up.

How do I locate City utility lines on my property?

You must contact 1-800-DIG TEST (1-800-344-8377) for the utilities that may be located in the street or on your private property.

Why is my water bill so high?

Water billing is based on actual water consumption. Watering the lawn or garden will increase water usage, as will the addition of occupants in the home. Filling a hot tub or swimming pool will cause your usage to increase. Additional guests during the month will usually result in additional laundry which causes an increase in usage. The biggest culprit for higher usage is a leaking toilet.

How to check your toilet for a leak – place a few drops of food coloring in the tank of your toilet. Leave for 15-30 minutes without flushing. If the color has seeped into the bowl then you have a leak. The flapper is the usual cause of toilet leaks.

There is a dead animal in the road. Who do I contact?

Collin County Animal Control will dispose of the animal. Please contact 972-547-7292 to report the location.

I have a water leak. What is my responsibility and what is the City’s responsibility?

The City delivers water to and through the water meter. Any leak between the water meter and your house is the responsibility of the property owner to repair. If the leak occurs at the water meter or in the street, it is the City’s responsibility

Why is my water off?

The water department may turn water off to make repairs. When this occurs, we make every effort to notify the public. However, in cases of emergency, water may be turned off without notification. Please contact 972-382-9886 to report your location and confirm that it is not a billing issue.

Why is my water cloudy?

The water department may have done some work on the water lines in your area which stirred up sediment or allowed air in the lines. It is safe and causes no harm. Run your taps for 15 minutes and it should clear up.

A tree has fallen in my yard. Will the City remove it?

The City will not remove any tree or limbs on private property. If the homeowner will cut the limbs into lengths of 3’ and contact Waste Connections at 469-452-8000, a pick up can be scheduled.

Where does the City of Celina’s water come from?

The City of Celina’s drinking water is obtained from surface and ground water sources. It comes from Lake Chapman - Upper Trinity Regional Water District (UTRWD is a wholesale surface water provider); Trinity, Woodbine, and Paluxy Aquifers.