Road Closures and Construction Updates
Dallas North Tollway Phase 4A - US380 to FM428
Collin County is currently working on the southbound service lanes on Dallas North Tollway from USHWY 380 to FM428. This project will allow 2 lanes North and 2 lanes south on the service roads and help our citizens with transportation. The construction work is expected to be completed by summer 2020.
2018 Street improvements project
Contractors will start moving in equipment the week of September 17th and work will begin on
- September 24-October 3 for CR97
- October 3-October 19 for Heritage Trail, Quail Hollow, Pheasant Run
- October 22-November 2 for Heritage Trail, Peregrine Point, Quail Hollow, Pheasant Run
This project includes the full-depth reclamation (FDR) of existing pavement, which involves pulverizing the existing pavement to a depth of six (6) inches; stabilizing the pulverized material with a cement slurry, and installing a new pavement course of two (2) inch hot mix asphalt (HMA).
· The FDR process allows existing materials to be utilized without waste or removal; increases the strength of the existing subgrade; and provides the re-establishment of grading to allow for proper drainage of the street surface, which assists in prolonging the life of the pavement and certain maintenance processes.
· The project will begin on County Road 97 and tentatively scheduled to be completed within eight (8) days.
· Once County Road 97 is complete, the contractor will begin the FDR process within the Preston Hills subdivision along Heritage Trail, Quail Hollow, and Pheasant Run; which is anticipated to take approximately ten (10) to fourteen (14) days.
· The contractor will then begin placing the new HMA on Heritage Trail and then progressing to Peregrine Point, Quail Hollow, and finishing on Pheasant Run. This portion of the project is projected to take ten (10) to fifteen (15) days to complete.
· Once all paving has been completed, striping will be placed, and final clean-up is anticipated to be complete by the middle of November 2018.
· We request your patience as we work to improve these streets and would like to remind residents and those affected that the schedule is subject to change due to weather relates delays.
· Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the Public Works Department at (972) 382-2682 x 4000.
Posted on: July 11, 2018
Road Closure: Wells Road (CR84)
On Saturday, July 14, Wells Road (CR 84) will be closed to traffic from Frontier Parkway to Tulip Garden Way for approximately one month while crews reconstruct this section of roadway. Traffic traveling south on Wells Road (CR 84) will be able to access Frontier Parkway by using Tulip Garden Way through the new Lilyana phase. Traffic wanting to travel north on Wells Road (CR 84) from Frontier Parkway will need to access Wells Road (CR 84) through the Lilyana subdivision. A marked detour route will be in place for drivers to follow.
Posted on: July 12, 2018
FRONTIER PARKWAY ROAD CONSTRUCTION
The Town of Prosper will be making asphalt repairs on Frontier Parkway from Dallas Parkway to Talon Lane. During this project, traffic will be down to one lane of traffic and westbound travel only will be allowed. The project is expected to begin on Monday, July 16, 2018. The contractor has 45 days to complete the project; however, the goal is to complete the project before school begins.
Ash St. between Oklahoma Dr. and Louisiana Dr. will be closed Thursday, Feb. 8th at 9 AM until Friday, Feb. 9th at 5 PM to repair the road at the railroad crossing.
|Street Improvement Projects 2017|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017||Oak St. at Oklahoma to S. Texas St|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017||S. Kentucky between Oak St and Elm St|
|Tuesday, July 18, 2017||S. Utah St repavement begins|
|Monday, July 17, 2017||W Ash St continued|
|Monday, July 10, 2017||W. Ash St reconstruction and repavement|
|Monday, June 19, 2017||Harvest Glen, Dove Creek, Preston Hills Circle, Hay Meadow, CR 83|
|Friday, June 23, 2017||Paving on Frontier Pkwy to CR84|
|Saturday, June 24, 2017||Paving on CR84 to Preston Rd|