Based on the Rules for Outdoor Burning from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the 2006 International Fire Code adopted by the City of Celina.
The following information addresses the type of material which can be legally burned and the hours outdoor burning is permitted. Please use this as a guide to determine if an outdoor permit is required for your needs.
Effective Nov 14, 2011: Open burn permit is $100 annual fee.
A BURN PERMIT FROM THE CELINA FIRE MARSHAL’S OFFICE IS REQUIRED.
MATERIALS AND ITEMS THAT ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE BURNED
- Petroleum Based Products
- Asphalt Materials
- Items Containing Natural or Synthetic Rubber
- Household Garbage or Refuse
- Boxes and Newspapers
- ONLY dry plant growth natural to the burn site can be burned.
- An application for a burning permit must be submitted and a fee paid.
- The burn site must be at least 300 feet from any residential, recreational, commercial or industrial area, except if located on the property where the burn is to take place.
- There must be a fire break of 50 feet around the material to be burned.
- A competent person of at least 18 years of age must be in attendance of the site during the burn and must be in possession of a valid burn permit issued by the Celina Fire Marshal’s Office.
- An adequate supply of water to control the burn is required at the site.
- If valid complaints are received (to be determined by the Fire Marshal, Fire Department, or other Law Enforcement Officer), burning will have to cease.
- Hours of burning are from sunrise to sunset as set forth by the United States Naval Observatory tables available from the National Weather Service.
- Burning can only be conducted if the wind is 5 mph or greater and 21 mph or less.
- Burning is prohibited on declared Ozone Action Days.
- Burning is prohibited during Court Order Burn Bans.
- Bringing in material from another property to burn is prohibited
VIOLATION of these rules may result in the permit being revoked and may also result in criminal charges being filed.
Authorization to conduct outdoor burning does not exempt or excuse a person from the responsibility, consequences, damages, or injuries resulting from the authorized burning and does not excuse a person from complying with other applicable laws, ordinances or regulations.
PRIOR TO BURNING
Call the OUTDOOR BURNING INFORMATION LINE AT 972-548-4799 OR METRO 972-424-1460 EXT 4799. THIS LINE IS UPDATED EACH DAY AROUND 7:30 AM