|Sexual Assault Prevention|
|Safety at Home|
|Safety Whle Driving|
|Safety While Shopping|
|If You Are Attacked|
|What to Do|
- Stay as calm as possible, think rationally and evaluate your resources and options.
- It may be more advisable to submit (this does not mean you consent) than resist and risk severe injury or death. Everyone has different strengths and abilities. You will have to make this decision based on the circumstances. Remember, do not resist if the attacker has a weapon.
- Keep assessing the situation as it is happening. If one strategy does not work, try another one.
- Other options to nonresistance are negotiating, stalling for more time, distracting the assailant and fleeing to a safe place, verbal assertiveness, screaming to attract attention and physical resistance.
- Fighting back or struggling may discourage the attack, but remember you have to hurt the rapist bad enough to create the time you need to escape.
-Scratching with your fingernails
-Poking/jabbing the eyes and throat area
-Kneeing/kicking the groin
-Punching the nose
- Weapons such as guns, knives, and chemical sprays can easily be turned against you unless you are trained and not afraid to use them. You must be prepared to possibly kill the attacker.
- If you are determined to carry some type of weapon, a chemical spray (ex. Pepper Spray) is your best choice. It is non-lethal if used against you. Remember, you already have weapons with you such as your keys, pens, pencils, and the most importan weapon -- your brain.