You should be aware of these common pollutants and how you can help to reduce them:
- Fertilizer - Should be applied at appropriate rates or consider organic fertilizers
- Hazardous Household Chemicals - City of Celina currently does not collect hazardous household chemicals, however, the City has a voucher program with City of Frisco. Vouchers can be purchased from the permit desk located at City hall; 142 N. Ohio Drive.
- Herbicides and Pesticides - Use only when necessary and consider natural alternatives
- Pet Waste - Collect pet waste in parks and should consider yard cleaning
- Pool / Spa Water - Allow water to de-chlorinate for 3 days before discharging
- Sediment - Vegetate or mulch bare soil and protect dirt piles from washing away
- Trash / Litter - Should not leave outside where it can be moved by wind or water
- Vehicle Fluids - Should take precautions to not spill and dispose off properly.
- Yard Waste - Dispose off grass clippings and leaves or consider composting.